Friday, December 28, 2007

bed time is for sissies

We co-sleep with our son. More on that another day though, lol.

Due to having a bad cold a week or so ago, Daddy's sleep habits and the holidays JP's sleep schedule is off terribly. Yesterday he took all of a half hour nap. All...day...long. one nap...30 minutes. Yeah JP was one tired baby. In general he doesn't get cranky, he just plays harder. Yesterday was one of those days. I tried to settle him down to sleep about 8pm. I almost had him out. I was within minutes of success. Sigh. then I foolishly gave him his bunny to snuggle with. He smiled in a sleepy way and cuddled with bunny. Gave a sleepy laugh. Closed his eyes. Then promptly woke up, laughed, got up and got big bunny and threw big bunny at me by the ear. Ok fine, I gave up and brought him out again to get some things done. I then decided to put him in his crib. I usually do this for the occasional nap or to play safely. He played happily in there for quite some time. I would lie him down occassionally, he'd get up and play again. I got some things done in his room and the kitchen and kept trying to lie him down. By now it was probably 9pm and he was way over his 8pm bedtime. Finally I finished in the kitchen and left him quietly in his crib. He continued to play and talk to himself for about 20 more minutes with me checking on him frequently. Then all of a sudden he realized that mommy wasn't picking him up again when he wanted. He started to cry and I went in and lied him down again and rubbed his tummy until he calmed down. I left the room again and he did start to cry. He cried for a minute or so and then got quiet. I snuck back in and he was sound asleep! It had worked! I debated on bringing him to bed with me, but decided to leave him. JP was always a pretty good sleeper and generally settled himself down with little issue. It was good to see him doing so again last night. Joe came home from work about 1:30pm and about 2am JP woke up and Joe found out he was in his crib, lol. Joe brought him in to me and JP continued to sleep great. He has been in a bad habit of waking when I get up in the morning at 5 or 5:30am. He used to sleep till 6 or 6:30. This morning he stayed asleep after I got up and woke up at his usual time. At daycare he slept for 1.5 hours! Hopefully I'll get my well rested, great sleeping baby back again. Now if I could just get him to stop throwing everything, lol.

No comments: