Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ok.. I have to share and brag a bit on me...

As you can see by my my little box on the top right of my blog, I'm having really good success with losing weight. The way I'm doing it is with Take Shape For Life - a division of Medi-Fast. Not a bad weight loss. As of the writing of this post its 24lbs in 6 weeks. Most interesting is that I have not been a good role model. With me being not 100% accountable to the 5+1 rule I'm still taking off an average of 4lbs a week! How many times in my life have I thought that 1-2lbs was so un-motivating.. and planned for 4lbs or so, only to fall short. I'm once again working on the 5+1 rule and the hardest thing for me is the eating every 2-3 hours. I keep losing track of time. However I have mucho incentive to really get with and stick with the program... actually a few things:

#1 - we have a trip to Sesame Place planned for 8/16. last time I was there I was so embarrassed over my weight and was uncomfortable all day. I want to go this time and just focus on having fun with JP and playing. My goal is to be down a full 100lbs by then. Not quite at my goal weight, but it would be a number I hadn't seen since 8th grade. We won't discuss how long ago that was, lol. Now I'm not saying 100lbs from today. Just an additional 76lbs by then, lol. JP is starting to walk on his own now and thats my new exercise regime...chasing him down.

#2 - I would really like to have another child next year. While it wouldn't give me much time to enjoy being at goal weight... my goal with this is to be at goal by the Holidays. I can deal with a late summer or fall baby and this is a doable goal.

#3 - I NEED to be a good example as I am a Health Advisor for Take Shape For Life. I need to live what I teach and show people the possibilities. Having to take off so much weight I want to really inspire those that get overwhelmed with the number to lose... people like me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

you are doing so great!! you'll reach your goals for sure. you are inspiring!