Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Peanut's Wednesday Weekly - The refreshing season of spring

I love the change of seasons. I love my built in wardrobe change. In the spring and summer I have a light coat and bare tummy to keep me comfortable, in the fall and winter I grow a figure friendly thick coat to keep me toasty. All I ask from Mother Nature is that she try and be a little predictable and consistent. It's a beautiful spring day today and a very pleasant 50ish degrees as of right now. Just as it should be right?

Then who said we were to have high 80's/low90's temps for the last 4 days?! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy summer. I love playing outside and running around the yard. I love lying in dappled shade sipping a cool drink from my water bowl.

But its not summer just yet and I was NOT prepared for the evil high temps! Mom and Dad didn't put the ac's in yet and won't until June so there was no break from the heat. Suuuuure they got to go to work in air conditioned offices (which they claim were not working) but I had to sit in this sorry excuse for an oven of a house.

Thankfully the temps finally dropped last night to a normal range. What a difference today is, nearly a 30 degree difference in temp.. and I couldn't be happier. Let summer come when I'm ready.. when I have ac and a kiddie pool I can share with JP, lol.


No comments: