Sunday, July 6, 2008

weekly meals 7/6 - 7/12

So last week I was lazy and didn't plan .. or at least adhere to my menu plan. I'm back this week to write it down.

Sunday: homemade pizza's. 1- pepperoni and mushroom 1- onion and pepper
Monday: spaghetti and meatballs - recipe below
Tuesday: Pierogi casserole see review below
Wenesday: malayasian fried chicken - recipe below
Thursday: arepas with an italian shredded beef and cheddar filling
Friday: taco bake
Saturday: Moo shu chicken

Meatball recipe:
1.5lbs ground beef
1cup breadcrumbs
1Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1Tbsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 egg

mix well with hands, form into desired size meatball and bake. I usually make them slightly larger then golf balls and bake for 20-30mins.

Malaysian Fried Chicken
3lbs chicken - we use bnls chicken breasts
4Tbsp Oyster sauce
2Tbsp curry powder
6 cloves garlic -minced

mix oyster sauce, curry powder and minced garlic, place in dish with chicken and marinate for 30 min minimum. Saute, broil or grill till done.

Peirogi Casserole - I was hoping for a different vegetarian type dish for a change. Granted it's not figure friendly and I knew that, but I was in the mood for something different. I just did not care for this that much. It basically seems like a mashed potato deluxe type thing... with some pasta thrown in. Next time I'll just make the pierogi.

3 comments:

ncp said...

Is the Pierogi casserole really good? Sould like something my kids would enjoy.
Do you want to come down here and be my chef??? Keep in mind, I can't pay you, you will do it for pleasure of seeing your friend smile. :)

Mama Duck said...

hahahaha.. i want someone to cook for me! Joe was just informed that he is learning how to make the Malaysia fried chicken and the meatballs tonight. I'm done doing it all. I'll let you know about the casserole as it's the first time making it. It looks good and I'm making it easier by using no bake lasagna noodles.

ncp said...

I have figured out that the only thing I can get Mitch to do, is cook. So cook he will!!!! I too am sick of doing it all and at that, "all" is never getting done!!
So what ever he will fix for a meal, is good enough for this family. Even if it is just PB&J!!!!
Let me know how Joe's meals turn out.